Chris and I are on annual leave at the moment so we've been pottering around on the block for the last few days. The first task was to sort through the demolished cattle yards and salvage the usable posts, wire and gates. We managed to rescue a couple of nice wooden gates. The biggest one has already been earmarked for use as out 'temporary' entrance gate. Although just how 'temporary' is temporary will remain to be seen! We heaped the non-salvageable posts and broken rails into a bonfire pile. There's a fire ban on at the moment, but once we get a bit of rain we can set fire to it. Not very environmentally friendly I must admit.
Our bonfire pile
Sorting out the posts
Why drag them when you can use the Mighty Surf!
Reusing hinges for the entrance gate
Sorting Wire
Yes we even found a kitchen sink!
I was there too - I just went out to eat my lunch
We ordered the remainder of our fencing from Goldpine on Monday morning. They currently have a huge sale on almost everything at them moment so we thought it as good a time as any to order our stuff. Delivery is next Thursday. We also sussed out a concrete water tank and troughs from Bowers in Te Awamutu. They seemed to be really reasonably priced which is always a bonus, especially as we're finding it incredibly easy to spend money at the moment.
Monday afternoon saw us at the Solicitor's to sign the building contract with Alena homes for the Cottage. The solicitor was happy with the contract so we signed out life away... I will drop that in at the builder's today and then hopefully it can go to council for building consent once we get the drainage plan organised, which is number one priority on my list today.
The driveway contractors were back to finish the driveway yesterday. They nearly got it all done, but have a wee bit of finishing off to do which they will probably do today. The big hole is still a big hole; the said they will bring the digger back at some stage to fill it in when they aren't quite as busy. I've added a few pics (of the fifty-gazillion I took!) of the metal going on the driveway.
Yes I may have gone a wee bit overboard with the pictures, but you have to keep the readers happy!



Great pics Annika! I look forward to reading more about Waterford Estate. Cheers, Hamish
ReplyDeleteWow, it is really coming on!!! Awesome!!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pics. Nigel was quite envious of Chris and his "wood" work....any more fencing, give uncle Nigel a call and he can come over! Well done you two. G
ReplyDelete