Saturday, November 6, 2010

My reward

This week heralded the arrival of a much dreamed about item for me. My new Statesman Horsefloat was delivered from Christchurch. It is a dream come true and I am very very happy with it. It's been years since I've had my own transport and while my friends have been fabulous taking me places with the horses, its been quite hard having to miss out on things because I can't get there, or not being able to go to places when I feel like it. But not any more!

Statesman were excellent to deal with and nothing was too much trouble. I had an extensive list of "must haves"which were all met with a smile. That was one of the reasons I ended up getting a new float. I had been looking at second-hand ones for quite some time and none had all the requirements that I needed. And I didn't want to have to get something and then upgrade later. This float is here to stay for a long time! The end product is just fabulous.

The extras it has include:
  • Rear Storm Door which means the entire float is fully lockable
  • Electric brakes
  • On board water tank and pump
  • LED lights
  • Front tack locker with internal & external access
  • Rubber matting sealed to floor and on ramp
  • Aluminium checker plate on ramp
  • Rug rack over front window
  • Two sliding windows with screens
  • Draw bar filled in with aluminium checker plate to handbrake
  • Quick-release chest bars
  • Fully padded interior
  • Saddle racks covered in protective foam
  • Recessed tie ups on outside
  • Removable head divider







Gear locker with internal & external access
Rubber on ramp
Rug rack
Drawbar filled in to handbrake to prevent trapped legs
Inside the saddle locker
External door to saddle locker
View from the rear with tail gates & padding

Padded quick release chest bar
Sealed rubber matting on floor
Removable head divider

I'm sure this will be the start of many awesome adventures!

2 comments:

  1. Very sexy horse float! Bet ya don't want to put a horsey in it tho :op

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, super float! Foxy will be overawed.

    ReplyDelete