Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Driveways and Houses

Tonight after work we met with Alena Homes who are building our cottage (and eventually our main house), and a contractor to do our driveway. Chris has organised a few contractors (5 to be exact) to give us quotes over the next week or so for the driveway. This will start to get things moving so the builders can start building.

It was a very productive meeting with Helen and Lena-Jane from Alena. They were quite impressed with our layout and our plans, and offered a couple of really constructive ideas that we hadn't considered. Helen is going to get the architect to start drawing up the cottage plans this week so we can get them to council to start wading through the red tape as soon as possible.

As a result of the suggestions from Helen and Lena, we decided to reposition the cottage on the site so we pulled the pegs out and repositioned them. I'm sure it won't be the last time that we change things around.

As an aside, I think I'm going to get Chris a toolbelt for his birthday. He seems to have developed this habit of randomly dropping whatever tool he's holding in his hands wherever he happens to be without even noticing it! Silly boy! I keep reminding him of the Square One principle he taught me (everything gets put back to square one) but he doesn't seem to practise what he preaches.


1 comment: