Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Gibstopping

I have been a bad blogger this week. To be fair I've got a good excuse, Mack managed to find not one, but two post holes from the old cattle yards that I was sure I had filled in. Turns out I missed a couple, and Mack managed to fall down both! I arrived out to the paddock on Monday morning to break the ice in the troughs and found a very sore Mack with a swollen leg. I managed to distract distracted with a pile of haylage so I could tape off the holes. I went out after work on Monday night and filled in the holes properly!

After an emergency text to my friend Lou, I set up a tape yard to restrict Mack's movement, gave him a sachet of bute (horse anti-inflammatory) and polticed his leg with Uptite. I would have preferred to hose it but I couldn't cope with the pipe that comes straight out of the bore and a young uneducated horse by myself. The vet was duly called the next day and she was most impressed with my first aid plan (thanks Lou!). She prescribed a course of 'bute and rest until Thursday. He is already much improved, and certainly still has his sense of humour. He seems to think its a great game to throw his water buckets all around the place, especially since mother has to walk for miles to fill them up again! I will let him out into the paddock tomorrow and keep my fingers crossed that he doesn't hoon around and make it worse.

Mack is his yard

Frosty

All painted


In other news... the gibstoppers have been at the Cottage this week and have done most of it. I managed to snap a few pics this morning while I was waiting for Mack to finish his breakfast. As you can see, its been VERY frosty and cold, but it means we've been having gorgeous sunny days.


Master bedroom

Looking out of master bedroom door to kitchen

Master bedroom looking out door onto verandah

Laundry

Dining

Dining and window seat
 
Kitchen

Kitchen & hallway

Office/spare room

No comments:

Post a Comment