Sunday, August 1, 2010

Wet weekend

The weather this weekend was pretty rainy so not many photos. Chris spent most of the weekend sorting the shed plumbing out and adjusting the pressure switch on the bore pump. I think he's got it sorted for now. He also started ferrying stuff from our house out to the block to store in the shed, so that when we move out there in 27 days (not that I'm counting or anything) its not such a big job.

I took some photos last week of the Cottage so far. The painters are due to start painting tomorrow, and they plan to be finished by the end of the week.

Supports for the bay window - yet to be painted

Scroll work on veranda - still to be painted
Dining area with bay window (hidden behind sheet of gib board)
Office
Kitchen looking down hallway into bathroom
Lounge looking out the French doors
Master bedroom and wardrobe
Shower (with the wrong door)
Laundry
Door onto veranda in master bedroom
View from master bedroom

Mack's transformation from hairy feral bush-dweller to real horse began this weekend. He was introduced to wearing a cover for the first time. He was really good about having it put on and off, but he certainly expressed his displeasure with the whole idea once he was free to roam the paddock. However, his displeasure was short-lived once the food bucket and rain arrived.


Food distraction
Maybe this cover thing isn't so bad after all!

Chris gave me a hand with Mack today. We took his cover on and off a few times which he handled like a pro. It was all a bit scary as he was in the "stables" while it was raining which was also a first for  him. But in true Irish style he was obviously not too concerned as five minutes later he'd helped himself into the shed and had a wander around, easy as pie. He even managed to find the hay pile and had a compulsory sample. What a character!

One of these days I will make Mack his own blog, but that might be once I'm done with study. I seem to have a hard enough time keeping this one updated lately.

1 comment:

  1. Such a cute wee house - looking great! And Mack's a numpty, lol!

    ReplyDelete