Sunday, April 11, 2010

The work continues

Another constructive day today - literally! First job of the day was to finish off the entrance gate that Chris had started to construct during the week. The gate will provide security and stock containment. We managed to salvage the gate and strainer posts from the old cattle yards, which was just as well as our money tree has seemed to have died in the drought.






 




In my excitement to actually get a front gate, I forgot to take a photo of the finished product. I will post one next time I'm out at the block if I remember to take it!

We also sorted through the posts and rails that were delivered by Goldpine. There were a few rejects that were damaged in transit so we'll take those back for some replacements.




The rest of the day was mainly tidying up. We borrowed the neighbour's trailer and pitchfork (awesome invention by the way!) and cleaned up the barberry and blackberry that Chris had trimmed from the hedge. It was very fortunate that we were able to borrow the trailer as it turned out to be quite a few loads - it would have taken me forever with the wheelbarrow.

1 comment: