This weekend's most pressing job was to get a couple of paddocks ready for Mack's imminent arrival. We got up early on Saturday (as in 6.15am!) and headed out to the block. We managed to get quite a bit of Electrobraid up as well as making a start on nailing on insulators on the post and rail fencing before getting rained off about 2pm. Not ones to waste time, we decided to go and price up some kitchens from Bunnings, Placemakers and Mitre 10 Mega. After getting a quote for our kitchen cottage that was $3,500 over our PC sum we decided we'd have to probably go kitset. After running around for most of the afternoon and not feeling like we achieved much, we went and bought the lighting for the cottage. So at least that's one thing ticked off the list.
Today I did half a day on the block. I was supposed to be studying but seeing as we got rained off on Saturday I was desperate to finish nailing on the insulators that I'd started on Saturday. If I never see another insulator again I'll be happy after nailing on about 500 of the little buggers. I was actually quite proud of myself after only having to re-do about 3 of them because I kept forgetting to put the wire through before I nailed them on! Duh!
Chris' project today was putting up some post and rail fencing in the corner of the paddocks that will protect our shade trees from hungry horses. I couldn't take any pics of the finished product as it was raining but will update when I get some .
I'll leave you with some pics of this weekend's achievements.
 |
| Insulators on the post and rail fence to stop greedy horses chewing it |
 |
| I nailed them on... all of them! |
 |
| More insulators on with wire still to come |
 |
| Looking down the fencline |
 |
| I wasn't about to be rained off twice in one weekend! |
 |
| Nearly at the end, 500 insulators later |
 |
| Chris testing the fence - it works! |
 |
| The finished line of Electrobraid fencing |
No comments:
Post a Comment