Monday, May 17, 2010

Trusses and Mack

Today was an exciting day for me. Mack, a 2yo Irish Sport Horse I bred finally made it to Waterford Estate. He's been at the stud down in Rangiora and more recently at Talisman Farm while we've been searching for land to buy. Now that we have it, he's finally made it home. He travelled really well. He was more interested in eating grass than hooning around which is great! The mare that is his paddock mate was not too happy at the new arrival, and showed her displeasure with her back feet. Mack was sensible enough to stay out of her way though so no harm done. I took him for a wonder around the property. His leading needs a bit of work, but considering he's had minimal handling he did ok. He doesnt' know what carrots are but he's figured out that horse wormer is pretty gross! All in all, a very tired but happy pony. A big thanks to Jeanette for coming out to hold my hand when he arrived.


The builders were still there when I arrived and have made more astonishing progress with the cottage. The roof trusses are all up now. I took a couple of quick pics but was too distracted with my new pony and then it got dark.


Also as promised, some pictures of Chris' tree triangles. Pretty nifty!

1 comment: